- Prepare to Market Your Home- Get rid of clutter, cleaning, and make marketable repairs.
- Drive Through Your Area to Find out What Homes are for Sale-Get an idea of what your competition looks like and how they are presenting their homes. Compare/Contrast your home to others in your market.
- Hire a Reputable Real Estate Agent-Hiring the right agent can make all the difference between selling fast and for how much money. Make sure you will work well with your agent and that your agent meets your expectations of a qualified real estate professional. Your realtor will give you good staging tips, help you learn about costs associated, and recommend updates/repairs that will make your home more marketable.
- Take Care of any Required Local Point of Sale Inspections-Smoke detector certification, well/septic evaluation, sidewalk certification. Your realtor can help you determine which inspections are applicable in your area.
- Relax and Allow Your Agent do His/Her Job-Trust your agent to market properly, conduct showings, provide feedback, negotiate contracts, and navigate through dozens of details that come along with selling a home. This is why you hired your agent!
- Think of Taking Time Away from Home for Showings as an Opportunity to Spend Time Together or do Something Different-Relax and go to a movie, the park, restaurant, or library. Go for a drive and see what homes are for sale in your next potential neighborhood.
- Closing and Moving-This is a time for smiles, handshakes, and hugs!!
Get in touch (616) 780-5314
Selling Your Home?
Call Dave Kiel Today!