Is the Christmas season a good time to sell your home? Your initial answer may be no. It may be possible that perhaps it is not convenient and buyers are not looking to make a move during the holidays. So why not stay warm and wait for the season to pass and then put that sign in the yard….makes sense right? Not necessarily….I want you to know that the time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day can actually be one of the best times of the year to list your home. Year in and year out I’ve had very good results when working with clients during this time of year. After all, there are 365 days in the year and they all have 24 hours. If you’re considering selling your homes over the Christmas season then my advice to you is go for it, you may be pleased that you did.
8 Reasons Why it’s a Good Idea to Put Your Home up for Sale During the Holidays!
1. People who look for a home around Christmas time are more serious buyers!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and less competition means more money for you!
3. The increased supply in the number of homes for sale in January will result in less demand for your particular home!
4. Houses show better with Christmas decorations!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they may be more willing to pay your price!
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home before and after Christmas than they do during a normal working week!
7. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days near Christmas!
8. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market!